Meredith Historical Society Buildings

White Oaks' Lantern

Meredith Historical Society

The lantern was hand crafted by “White Oak Joe” Neal around 1784. It is made of pierced tin 18 inches high and 6 inches in diameter. New Hampshire was very dark in the 1700s, and "White Oak" made this lantern to light his way at night. It is on view at the Farm Museum.

site design by webskillet